May 18, 2008

X-Wing brings about The New Jedi Order

While browsing through the International House of Mojo and reminiscing about the heroic times I had piloting TIE Fighters and X-Wings against each other, I shockingly ran into this, this being the particularly impressive New Jedi Order mod for X-Wing Alliance (a game I recently blogged about elsewhere). Then I was happy. For quite a while, really, until I noticed that despite the 293 MBs of free Star Wars goodness I still couldn't find a joystick. Oh well...

As you dear readers are hopefully better equipped, allow me to explain why you just have to download The New Jedi Order: it's brilliant, shiny, comes complete with cutscenes, a full voice cast, new campaigns and missions, sports new music, is absolutely freeware and even takes place after the movies. Mind you, besides the actual X-Wing Alliance game you'll also be needing its 2.02 patch, witch you can easily download from this place. Now, go play.

Related @ Gnome's Lair: Quake in 32-bits of colour, System Shock 2 2k7, The Kipper and the Corpse, Savage 2

12 comments:

  1. Where the hell is princess Leia in a gold bikini?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhm... tanning, I think. Well, either that, or she went to the post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last time I saw her in a movie, she was a nun with a bible... No bikini :(

    Probably good, but the only SW game I will be getting is The Force Unleashed... In the Bedroom..lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe me dear Deitrix... Force Unleashed -no matter how good it turns out to be- will in no way be able to compete against the glorious X-Wing series... No, really...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish they still made games like X-Wing, Wing Commander et al. It's all first person shooters theses days... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely agree. Absolutely! After all I fecking grew up with space-sims...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've ever been as excited as when the B-Wing expansion came out for the X-Wing series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post Gnome! May the force be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must admit Old Wizard I was quite a bit excited meself, though admittedly reading the TIE Fighter reviews was definitely more intense.

    May Yoda's light shine on your Saturn Father!

    ReplyDelete
  10. has anyone gotten this to actually work? i installed the game, installed the 2.02 patch. when i go to install njo, it tells me "The program cannot update the installed version of the NJO project: The invasion begins because of the following reason: C:\prog...\Xwingalliance\config.cfg unknown version."

    any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm... no ideas really, sorry. Have you tried contacting the developers?

    ReplyDelete
  12. According to the site they abandoned the project awhile ago once graduating university.

    ReplyDelete